Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Time Has Come.......

This summer has been hectic between moving from Georgia to Alabama, helping my little sister plan the wedding of her dreams, and also packing to move our lives to Abu Dhabi. Not to mention, all of this has to be completed with a 6 month old baby. 

My sister's wedding date was the reason Madisyn and I could not take the journey with Marshall when he traveled to Abu Dhabi. Now I can take a deep breath, now that the wedding is over. The affair was simply beautiful and I am fortunate I was able to stand by my little sister's side as she began a new chapter in her life. As you can see from the photo Maddy had a ball!



Moving forward I can place 100% of my efforts into preparing for our journey to Abu Dhabi. Our official leave date is September 10th.  I've began the packing process, but its proven to be slight challenging. Since we are flying Etihad Airways they charge a $100 fee for a lap infant, which works out perfectly because they give her 1 piece of luggage, thus we do not have to pay $175 for an additional piece. Fitting my life into 2-3 duffel bags is not going to be easy, but I am learning to part with the old. I still have clothes from college, so I admit I have some hoarder like tendencies. 

Another challenge is accepting my post-baby body. I have avoided purchasing clothes because I thought losing the baby weight would come easy, lies..lies..lies...!  Mobile is known for amazing seafood and home cooked meals that interferes with my diet. Therefore, I am having to purchase new clothing essentials like jeans, tops, and tees. I've decided to be happy with my new body and to be fabulous while I continue to lose the weight.  Due to the culture in the UAE, I have found many cute and conservative items at Old Navy, Gap, and Ann Taylor Loft.

My husband has been wonderful in supporting our family during this transition. Since I am not there, he had to find our new home and purchase furniture. He has successfully executed all tasks all while  allowing me to be a part of the decision-making process. Since there is a 9-hour time difference I am awaken with 4am text messages or phone calls with him sending me videos and pictures to ask my opinion on things. The Hunt's clan is all about Team Work....Making the Dream Work!

I anticipate the day to see my hubby!  The countdown begins to September 10th!



2 comments:

  1. Bout time you blogged!!!!! Lol!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful. I wish you and your family well on your new journey!

    ReplyDelete