Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Function Meets Fashion



As a new mommy I am slowly morphing into a lifestyle of convenience where function meets fashion. My husband and I plan to travel separately due to my sister’s wedding in late August.  The thought of traveling by myself with a 6 month old has given me sporadic thoughts of anxiety. I plan to make this experience a little smoother by ensuring that I have all of my essentials in a hands-free bag. I suspect a diaper bag backpack would do the trick; because I could toss it on my back without having to worry about leaving it anywhere and it would also keep my hands free to care for my little princess.


I wrote down a list of items I would need to place in my backpack. They include:
§  8-10 diapers
§  Wipes
§  Baby snacks
§  Baby Headphones
§  Breastfeeding cover
§  Small blanket
§  2-3 little toys
§  3 changes of clothes for baby + 1 shirt for me (My baby likes to spit up)
§  Iphone
§  Ipad or MacBook
§  Travel toiletries (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste)
§  Baby medications

After researching, I believe I have found the perfect stylish backpack. The Skip Hop FORMA Backpack!

§  Price: $70
§  Size: 16x8x14"
§  Colors: Peacock or Black
§  Pros: Interior pockets, cell phone pocket, holds up to a’15 laptop, changing pad pocket, multipurpose mesh cube for clothing and snacks, insulated cube for bottles, extra wide dual zip opening, hangs neatly on a stroller (integrated stroller clips), water resistant.
§  Cons: The straps are short, so if you’re tall (5’9 and above) it may be uncomfortable.
§  Where to purchase: Nordstrom or Amazon.com


 






Once I place all my belongings in the backpack, I will give an update on its functionality.

1 comment: