Saturday, March 14, 2015

A million things....

So it's been a minute since I have posted anything. I placed this countdown app on my phone a few weeks ago with July 31st being my leave date, although I have been told it will be sooner than that. Today I looked at the countdown and it had 138 days!!!! The funny thing was that while this is still quite a few days, it didn't feel like a great deal at all. I came home and "audited" my closet again. Anyone who knows me, fully understands that this is extremely difficult as I have ALOT of clothes, dress shirts, SUITS, ties (regular and bow ties), and SOCKS!!! I managed to find about 9 dress shirts and about 5 suits to give away. This is my second time going through this process! I'm trying to be extremely hard on myself and truthful. I know (insert sad face) that I can't take everything with me so I am trying to configure my closet with only the clothes that I "cannot" live with....I;m going to change the tone of this blog because I am sounding extremely METROSEXUAL at this point:) LOL

Since my last post, I have gotten ALL of the needed documents that need to be submitted and am waiting for PROEX to send me my documents back. They are the best!!!! I also got MARRIED on the 27th! That could be an entirely separate blog:) so far, I LOVE IT! I am excited that this opportunity will allow me an opportunity to provide for my mom and allow my wife and daughter time to just bond! How great is that!!!!

I am really praying that once I arrive, I really LIKE/LOVE my job! I am pretty tough skinned so I can get through pretty much anything. What I hope most is that my wife loves it. I want to get her acclimated as soon as possible and I hope that we meet and begin great friendships with some amazing people!!! The great thing is that I have already met some incredible people!!! I also can't wait to meet my Atlanta crew next week!

I still haven't told my staff or my boss yet:( I am trying to wait until I get the email from ADEC telling me that my VISA is being processed:) At the same time, I am conflicted because I want to be as transparent as I possibly can and there are some HUGE decisions about staffing and funding that need to be made for next year. Hopefully, after we return from Spring Break (April 6-10), I can let them know. The last day of school is May 22nd! Not sure how many days as I have not started the countdown as of yet:)

I still have a ton of things to do and I am not going to wait until the last minute....

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your nuptials! I cannot start the auditing process as all my articles are near and dear. I've informed my principal and assistant principal of my position. My principal was excited for me (maybe a little too excited). She's urging me to inform my students, but I'm not ready yet, maybe after spring break. I'm sure they know as she can't hold water! LOL Now she's saying she wish she had a bargaining tool to keep me here. I refuse to do a countdown, it'll make it all too real too soon! I'm just going to keep waiting on my documents. ....and try my best to live life normally! I wish I could make the Atlanta meet up, as I am only 2 hrs away. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I have not told anyone in my district and I feel HORRIBLE! I am so involved in several planning committees for next year and at times I forget that I won't be there as I get SO wrapped up in the discussions. I think that I am going to tell my staff and boss after spring break. I will write my letter to my parents and send it home shortly thereafter. YOU GOT TO DO THE COUNTDOWN!!! LOL 138 more days....I think:) And get started on that closet.....don't wait. I find doing things helps me with the waiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My students use my phone sometimes for assessments, I'll wait until after I announce, then start my countdown. I plan to disclose ofter Spring Break as well.

    ReplyDelete