Sunday, April 19, 2015

Questions and Answers.........

So again....the purpose of this blog is to document my experience and help answer any questions that families, administrators, and others have regarding this experience.....I woke up this morning with a bunch of questions....well...maybe not a bunch AND a HUGE REVELATION!!!

I would like to think that I am fairly knowledgable about the process and what to expect, but there are a few details that I am still in the dark about and if I am in the dark, I am sure that others will be too. So when I get there and find out the answers to these questions, I will give others more information than I had at this stage of the process.



Most of my questions are with regard to housing. Now remember, I am traveling as an administrator so I get a housing allowance (113,500 dirhams per year)  due to my family size and I will be responsible for finding my own housing. With the housing allowance provided, most administrators live in villas, as opposed to flats (apartments). The upside with living in a Villa, is that you get you a great deal of space. However, there are some amenities that are available with flats (gym, pool)Some of the pictures on-line look amazing! However, you never know what will be available by the time you get there or where you will need to look due to location of the school that you are placed in. So a few questions that I have are:


  1. Upon arriving, where will we stay?
  2. How long will we stay in that hotel until we are moved?
  3. What is the process for obtaining housing (e.g. working with a realtor)?
  4. How much freedom will we have to negotiate with landlords? 
For me, I will have some time to "get my affairs in order" because the plan for my family is to come in September.

HUGE REVELATION!!!!


With my "future" resignation, it suddenly dawned on me that this will be the FIRST summer in about 6 years that I can literally "shut my brain off"!!! I am SO excited about my summer plans, but mostly I am just excited about being able to sit somewhere near water or poolside and think about absolutely NOTHING! NO new school initiatives, NO staff to hire, NO back to school week to planning, NO staff developments to lead, NO budgets to develop, and NO master scheduling:) LOL

Ahhhhhhhhh.......LIFE WILL BE GOOD..........

No comments:

Post a Comment