Sunday, April 19, 2015

Timelines, Waiting, and Patience!

“If you want to heat water until it boils, and you watch it while you wait, then it seems to take a very long time. In the same way, anything that we wait for with eager attention seems to take a very long time: like waiting for someone to arrive, waiting for the phone to ring, waiting for a letter to come”


Many people who know already and who will want to know about how long this journey will be. This opportunity is about patience, patience, patience, waiting, waiting, waiting, and more patience and waiting.  Here is “MY” timeline

·      October - complete application
·      A few weeks later (October) completed the phone interview and told I would go on to the next step
·      November- received and email asking if I was still interested in the position
·      A few days later (November) I had yet another interview and told I would move forward with the next round after the new year (2015)
·      January- received an email asking me to choose a few dates and locations to do the In-person Interview
·      February- The day after having my first little girl, I received an email with an In-person Interview Date in New York the next week.
·      February- after interviewing on a Tuesday (10th) I was notified by email on the 18th that I had been offered a position. The offer letter was due to be returned by February 27th.
·      February/March- this time was spent obtaining the needed documents and certification.
·      February 27th- GOT MARRIED!!!!!!
·      March 25th- Submitted all documents to ADEC
·      April 13th- received an email from my recruiter that my Visa was being processed by ADEC


I have been told that we will arrive anywhere from early to late July so we shall see. What I have realized is that if I keep waiting, then the wait will be excruciating! So I have decided to focus on other things like closing out the school year (May), moving out (May-June), my son’s birthday (June), my VACATION (June).


I figure that once all that passes it will be time to leave……So my advice to anyone would be to now wait for the water to boil, find those benchmarks in life and focus on them until your Golden Ticket arrives……

No comments:

Post a Comment