Wednesday, February 18, 2015

GOD is SOOOOO AMAZING!

Big Apple at JFK Airport

So I finally made it to NYC. Yes, my flight was delayed three times and my driver almost got into a fight with another driver...I MADE IT! Unfortunately, it was several hours later and it was FREEZING!!! I didn't feel like walking around and sight seeing. All I wanted to do was get to my room and study for this interview!!!! I talked to my girlfriend, Facetimed my little newborn, and then studied! Before I went to bed, I called my girlfriend who prayed or me and us. She has been extremely supportive during this time. I might just have to marry her after all:)

Before I went to bed, I had to make a decision.....WHAT TO WEAR! This had been a topic of discussion before I left home. I really wanted to wear a RED tie with a gray suit, but my girlfriend (Sherrica) thought that it was too much. We settled on a blue suit with an orange tie. Actually, she choose a different orange tie to placate me, but little did she know I would choose to wear the one she selected. I did this because in a partnership, sometimes you just have to trust the other person. So in honor of her and the beautiful gift she had given me last week, I decided to wear the tie that she chose.
I wore the tie on top!
 I woke up at 6:00 a.m. and read over my notes again. I was up, showered, and on the streets of New York by 7:15. God knew that I needed this extra time because I ended up walking the wrong way:) I arrived at the Westin and was greeted by another lady who was interviewing. She and I went up to the "holding area" and talked. She was a really nice lady (Fatima). We were joined by two more ladies and I realized that all of us were interviewing for leadership positions. Later, two men showed up as well. At 8:30 we were greeted and shuffled off to a room where a lady from the HR department walked us through expectations and accommodations. She was really warm and welcoming although the acoustics were horrible. After our 15 minute briefing, the interviews began. OF COURSE, I was one of the last ones!!!! Surprisingly, there were only 7 of us interviewing. The first people came out of the room smiling, no doubt! They assured everyone that we would be ok and to just relax. That in fact, the interview was not as ominous as many of us had expected and prepared for.

At 11:30, I was summoned to my interview room and met by a panel of 2. One was a gentleman from the states and the other was an Emerati woman. THEY WERE SOOOOOOO FRIENDLY! My interview was more like a conversation. We talked about my resume, my accomplishments, and they asked a few scenario questions (email me and I can give you more insight). It was really a great interview and I really enjoyed myself. They were complimentary throughout and I left with a great feeling. Crazy things can always happen, but I felt that the interview went as well as it could go. Now the WAIT begins!!!! I left feeling great. I left thinking about the next steps. I left thinking about all the stuff I would have to sell and all the other stuff I would have to do! I am not a big list person, but I suspect that after I get the official word, LISTS will become something that I routinely do...over and over again!!!! God is amazing in that when we submit to his will, he will give us our hearts desires......

You have to come to NYC and take an $80 car ride back to the airport:)!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment