Monday, February 9, 2015

Who remembers that OJ commercial of him running through the airport?.....

Well that was me!! I woke up around 6 and watched some tv and then played with my new daughter. For some reason I was in a real relaxed state thinking that I have plenty of time to get to the airport.... I got up around 8 and showered and finished packing. I left the house around 9 and noticed that my girlfriend's car had a low front tire (Murphy's Law was beginning). I stopped to get put air in the tire and made my way to the "Park n Fly" lot. It took the van SOOOO long to get to me and then load everyone else....as we were leaving I remembered "$@!#, I left my phone in the car (Murphy's Law continuing). I made the guy go back because if you are like me, I have no numbers committed to memory. We arrived at the airport and I breezed through security. It was not about 10:10 and my flight departed are 10:40, which meant I had to be loaded on the plane by 10:25. I looked at my ticket and went straight to gate C8....but there was a problem....1) there was no C8 and even if it was, I was in the wrong terminal...(Southwest...I'm flying US Airways...Murphy's Law was now in full force!!) This is when my OJ nightmare/reenactment began. I began to run back down the terminal..I hoped on the train just as the doors were closing. I swear my foot just made it!!! I hopped of the train and ran down the terminal and made it with 2 minutes to spare. Mind you, I was no sweating as if I had just completed one of Shaun T's workouts!!!! As I sat down, I noticed I had a message from "the women" in my life....

This made my dry mouth, sweaty forehead, and wet shirt all better:) Yes, I made it! Only to sit on the tarmac for another 30 minutes:) LOL...

We finally land in Charlotte and I find out that my flight has been delayed (AGAIN) until 3! On a side note I had the best tater tots that I had ever had in my life at the airport.

Anyway....today is just affirmation that this is a process that I have no control over and one which will require patience. I also have to remember that I am doing all of this to provide a better future for my entire family!!! I am still sitting in the airport and I would not be surprised if my flight is delayed yet again. If so, that's all right....just more time for me to practice patience and "Letting Go"!

p.s. The tater tots were SOOOOOOOOO good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment