Tuesday, September 8, 2015

24 Hours to Paradise

Wow I cannot believe the time has finally arrived for Madisyn and I to depart on this excursion. It seems like yesterday we received the news and now everything is slowly turning into a reality. This last week has been a little overwhelming, but for the most part relaxing. I made a list based on recommendations on what I needed to bring outside of clothes and electronics. The list included:

1) Your favorite soap
2) Shampoo and Conditioner (I heard these items are difficult to find)
3) Make-up
4) Facial cleanse products
5) Medication for Marshall and Madisyn (I was informed that although they have traditional medications, it is a lower dosage from what we are accustomed to).

For the most part Maddy and I are packed and ready to rock and roll. Between us two, we have 4 large duffel bags to check-in. For convenience I paid in advance for the additional luggage, which actually saved us $35 (Etihad Airways). My carry-on luggage will only be my baby's backpack and an Ogio Brooklyn Shoulder Bag. Since this will be my first time traveling with my baby, I want to make the journey easy.

Today I visited our local AAA office to purchase travel insurance for our flight. I recommend this service because it covers your flight in the event an emergency occurs, medical expenses, missing or damaged luggage, and if your flight is delayed more then 6 hours they will cover food and lodging expenses. It's actually pretty cheap costing only $46 (amount based on your flight cost and age). 

My husband walked me through the process of downloading Astrill to my MacBook and iPad. It provides privacy protection and allows you to access the Internet without geo-restrictions.https://www.astrill.com/index.php

As the time nears, I am getting emotional about leaving my family. I am such a mother's baby (and proud of it)! I do thank God that I was given the opportunity to spend the entire summer with family and friends, before departing. I know it will be bittersweet when my mom takes us to the airport, but my saving grace is knowing that my family will not hesitate to hop on a flight to visit me. 

Tomorrow, I plan to spend the day relaxing and enjoying my last 24 hours in Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment