Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Where to Breastfeed in Abu Dhabi

After breastfeeding for the past 7 months, I have come to realization that mothers who breastfeed have an unspoken bond with each other. I have spoken to individuals who think the act is disturbing and others find it to be the most rewarding feeling in the world. Although it is time-consuming, I would not change the experience for anything in the world.




Initially I was a little shy about the entire process and would only feed my daughter in private areas such as in the home or in the car. However as time went on, all the shyness went away. I was feeding her in the food courts, graduations, and restaurants. If I had my nursing cover from Udder Cover and a chair I was good to go.

Unfortunately that was in the United States, so honestly I am a little apprehensive to be so free in a traditionally conservative Country. Below are a few places (courtesy of Arabian Notes) that are breastfeeding friendly in Abu Dhabi. Because I am a newbie here, I have only experienced one facility. As I experience them I will update the post. This is only only a guideline for those breastfeeding moms new to the area.

1) Ikea near Yas Mall

I've actually used this facility and it was really cute. Nice padded changing table, a comfy chair, and it was clean. The only issue I ran into was space, it was a little tight for my jogging stroller. 

2) Yas Mall

They have a private women's seating area outside the restroom which can be great to use. 

3) Babyshop (Inside of Yas Mall)

 Comfy chairs, footrests, and a changing area. You have to ask an associate about the room.

4) Galleria Mall

Large changing and feeding rooms with TV's. 

5) Mothercare (Abu Dhabi Mall)

Changing rooms can be used to breastfeed. 

6) Al Wahda Mall

There is a chair located in the restroom stall and a separate changing area. 

7) Mushrif Mall

Space to change and feed inside a disabled restroom stall.
 
In any retail space I find it convenient to utilize the fitting rooms in large department stores, if you find the restrooms to be uncomfortable.





No comments:

Post a Comment