Saturday, May 9, 2015

“For Such A Time As This”

Has anyone ever heard this phrase? It is actually a phrase that comes from the bible in reference to Esther. Esther 4:14 states “if you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?”

It's no secret that this has been one of the biggest decisions that I have ever made in my life and has left me terribly conflicted at times. I have been looking for signs or confirmations that this was really the RIGHT decision. Several things have happened over the past week to give me solace that "THIS" was the right time and thing to do.

1. A realization that there are a number of people who are tasked with providing an education to children that could be no more concerned with doing what they are paid to do. Instead, they come to work....not to work. It's quite the oxymoron.

2. I met with a financial planner who calmed all of my fears about retirement, savings, and my family’s future when I am gone. When I complete the process, I will share more but for now, I encourage everyone that in between all the day dreaming about shopping, and traveling, and boat parties, that you be sure to get your financial house in order by having a game plan. You can be broke and in debt in the states! Take full advantage..... 

3. My 13-year-old son had a bit of crisis this week, which landed him in some hot water. My plan had always been to go over and get settled and then bring him (after I am sure would be a contested court battle) but my spirit shifted this week. His troubles made me think about my own somewhat disconnected relationship that I have with my own father. I began to think, what a wonderful bonding opportunity it would be for he and I to figure out this new experience and journey together. To lean on each other as we navigate the unknown and unseen! So while I hate that he landed himself in hot water, I am thankful to God who, at least in my mind, kicked me in the butt to say, why wait. 2 Corinthians 6:2 states: “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.”

Salvation means to save one from harm, ruin or loss. So no matter the cost or fight, I surely expect myself to be entangled in a battle to simply be a full-time dad to my son in an effort to help him navigate the world, understand the excellence in and savviness in which he must do it, and set a foundation for manhood so that he can be self sufficient when he become an adult.


So even though I don’t know what the future holds for my son and I, I am excited!!! What I do know is….”For Such a Time As This!”. I am praying, believing and thanking God for favor in this situation. I am also ready and excited about school ending in two short weeks and summer vacation beginning. Have I mentioned that I plan on doing nothing….other than packing! AND I need to find my son a school to attend in Al Ain….I did say I was thanking God for favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment