Saturday, May 23, 2015

So the wait is real now.....

So I am sitting at my desk on a Friday afternoon around 5:00 p.m. and it so happens to be the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! It's funny because I am seeing all my "teacher" friends and 15 Hopefuls post pics of themselves running out of school and I am still sitting here. Well don't feel sorry for me. I am actually killing time before I head out to see the Hawks play the Cavs tonight.

I have this countdown app on my phone  (countdown +) and today marks a significant milestone with the ending of school. School has somewhat kept me distracted, however admittedly I take a peek and look at the number of days till I "think" or I have been told I am leaving. It is now only 66 more days until July 31st. This past week has been exciting as ADEC released a prospective calendar, although everyone says will change 100 times. I also received an email from my recruiter letting me know that administrators "supposedly" will be brought over quicker....but who knows if that will in fact be the DRY reality....get it...DRY as in desert:) LOL....

So now I am just waiting on a few more milestones to occur that will shorten my hopefully not so long wait! I must admit the horror stories of others who were stuck waiting stateside until October and November scare the crap out of me, but I have a back up financial plan and Faith and Belief that that will not be my testimony!


I am not sure if this happens to others but I seem to go through bouts of excitement and feeling like "whatever will be will be" in terms of leaving. There are days I wake up or moments I have where I become really excited and then there are times when I am just ok with the waiting process. Well this past week I had one of my excitable moments and I decided to purchase my carry on bag this week. I have come to realize that when I become excited, I normally buy something:)
Many other hopefuls have purchased it and the reviews are great. The video is also really awesome to watch on the website. It can be found at http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/tls-mother-lode-weekender-convertible-junior/241465?productid=10209111


I still haven't come to a resolution with my phone service or what to do with it. I am not so sure anymore about a dual sim phone. I will just wait until it gets closer. I have heard that you need a phone when you arrive to set up different accounts and such, but after that, you really don't use it anymore. I might just buy a cheap phone as opposed to a $500.00 dual sim phone. I am trying to start the mental process of doing what is economically smarter rather than what is most convenient. It's a struggle but the phone might be a great place to start. Abu Dhabi will have ALL the trappings and if I....or you..or anyone else are not careful, we can and will easily blow this financial opportunity and find ourselves no better off than when we left the states and Uncle Sam was digging into our pockets every 1st and 15th:)




No comments:

Post a Comment