Sunday, May 24, 2015

Forever I Love Atlanta!

Full Circle: To celebrate my 30th birthday I took a trip to Dubai with my girlfriends. We joked amongst ourselves about the idea of living in Dubai one day. However in my heart I always felt Atlanta would be my permanent home to jump start my career. During my 20's I had to opportunity to live in a few cities like New York City, DC, and Rome, Italy. When I decided to settle down and make Atlanta my new home I accepted a job, started my own business, joined organizations, and purchased my dream car thinking I was beginning to build my life here.





Within in the blink of an eye, I fell in love, got married, had a baby and now moving to UAE! Excitement was set in motion this weekend when we sold our dining table and sofa set. But I have to admit I still get slightly sentimental when I think about leaving my "home"! See I love Atlanta and in my opinion it is the best city to live. So I've decided to take a journey and create a to do list to experience everything I love about the city before we leave. It's even more exciting, because I get to experience it with my daughter.

I recommend everyone take the time to experience everything they enjoy about their current situation. I remember being extremely excited to study abroad that I didn't enjoy my last days in NYC. So after the excitement wore off, I became a little homesick wishing I had taken in my last moments.  I know everyone on this journey is extremely excited, but do not forget to stop and enjoy the process.


“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.” -Bill Watterson


No comments:

Post a Comment